About St Giles
Excellence in English Language Training since 1955
Every year around 14,000 students from over 100 different countries choose St Giles for their language and learning needs. Established in 1955, we offer over 50 years' experience in providing excellence in training for people of all ages, all needs, and from all over the world.
Why learn English with St Giles?
- Over 50 years' experience teaching English
- An international reputation for high quality teaching
- Choice of locations in the UK, the USA, Canada and Brazil
- Flexible programmes designed for a range of ages, abilities, and objectives
- A personal learning experience, with a focus on you and your needs
- Exciting, fast-paced, and learner-centred lessons
- Modern teaching centres offering the latest resources
- Excellent value for money
There are many reasons why people choose to study English. Whether you want to learn for travel, to enhance your career or work life, for further study or just for fun, we can help you learn quickly and effectively!
All teachers at St Giles International must have, as a minimum requirement, a recognised certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, for example the Cambridge CELTA or the Trinity Cert. TESOL or equivalent, as well as a University degree. In exceptional circumstances, we may employ teachers who do not possess one of the above qualifications, if in our opinion they may be reasonably deemed to be appropriately qualified or experienced.
The St Giles Promise: Our Mission Statement
- to provide high quality courses for international students and trainee teachers in a positive and inclusive learner-centred environment, focusing on the students’ real and practical aspirations
- to offer a range of student support services to enable our students to enjoy their courses to the full
St Giles International is fully accredited and regularly assessed for the teaching of English by the British Council in the UK, the AAIEP and CEA in the USA, and Languages Canada in Canada. These are major independent bodies that control quality standards in language centres in the UK, USA and Canada. St Giles is also a member of English UK.
All our St Giles UK Centres were inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in March-April 2012, and are listed by UKBA as Highly Trusted Sponsors (HTS). You can view the ISI reports for each school below:
- St Giles Brighton ISI Report
- St Giles Eastbourne ISI Report
- St Giles London Central ISI Report
- St Giles London Highgate ISI Report
Accreditations in the UK
Accreditations in the USA:
Accreditations in Canada:
All St Giles year-round and summer centres in the UK, USA and Canada are wholly owned by our UK parent company: St Giles Schools of Languages Ltd., Registered address: 154 Southampton Row, London WC1B 5JX, Registered No. 596651. Our US year-round and summer centres are owned by St Giles Colleges Inc., Registered address: 785 Market Street (Suite 300), San Francisco, CA 94103-2024, USA. Our Canadian year-round and summer centres are owned by St. Giles International Language Centers (Canada) Ltd., Registered address: 1130 West Pender Street (Suite 400) Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 4A4.