Welcome to Florida
The Admiral Farragut Academy
28 June - 2 August 2015
- Live and learn in the Sunshine State
- Safe campus with high levels of personal attention
- Exciting social and activity programme, including optional sailing lessons
The Admiral Farragut Academy is a leading naval school founded originally in 1933. Located in St Petersburg, Florida, the school is set in a stunning 33 acre campus with fantastic on-site recreational facilities. These include a swimming pool, sculptured gardens and lake, baseball and softball pitches, and an arts complex and theatre. The high quality residential accommodation is all based on-campus.
Orlando, with Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, and Adventure Island, is only 120 minutes away. Students can enjoy two full-day excursions to these great theme parks every week. There will also be time during the week to relax on some of the world’s best beaches.
This centre offers our Sailing Special Interest Option, held in the beautiful Boca Ciego Bay. Students can opt to take 5 hours per week of sailing lessons with fully qualified instructors. Designed for beginners, you will learn to sail Topper or Optimist dinghies (1 or 2 persons).
|Age range||8 - 15|
|Residence||Twin and Triple Bedrooms, Shared Bathrooms (1:4)|
|Travel Times||Tampa - 45 minutes|
|Orlando - 120 minutes|
|Class Size||15 per class|
|General Staff Ratio||1:15|
- Two full-day excursions per week plus 2 shopping/beach afternoons
- Full-day excursions include visits to Walt Disney World, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios
- Full afternoon and evening activity programme is available, including optional sailing lessons, a choice of sports (swimming, baseball, cricket, basketball, football) as well as other activities including Bingo, Discos and Casino nights, karaoke, jewelry making and much more.
- Option to take part in our Sport Special Interest Sailing Option