English Language School in Highgate, London
Our Learning Centre - safe, focused and 20 minutes from Central London
- Safe, fashionable North London suburb, perfect for focused study
- Friendly medium-sized centre with high levels of personal attention
- Only 20 minutes from central London
- Centre of academic excellence offering teacher training
Our London Highgate school occupies a beautiful building in the fashionable North London suburb of Highgate. Highgate is a leafy and prosperous part of the city with excellent transport connections to the centre of London, which is only 20 minutes away. The local sports, shopping and leisure facilities are excellent and the accommodation is on average 15-45 minutes away by bus or tube.
Surrounded by its own quiet English garden, St Giles Highgate is ideal for learners looking for a peaceful and focused place of study, with lots of personal attention. The welcoming school combines a relaxed atmosphere with high quality teaching and high academic standards.
Courses Available at London Highgate:
- General English Courses
- International Semester Course
- Examination Courses:
IELTS, Cambridge FCE and CAE
- English for Beginners
- General English plus English for Business
- General English plus Art & Design
- English plus Unpaid Internship
- The London Experience Programme
- Teacher Training
- Student Cafe
- Conservatory and English Garden
- Self-Access Centre and Library
- Interactive Whiteboards in 90% of classrooms
- Student Computers and Free WiFi
- Student Bookshop
|Min. Age||14 years +|
|See 'Under-18s section' below|
|Class Size||Maximum 12|
|Travel Times||Central London - 20 minutes|
|Gatwick - 60 minutes|
|Heathrow - 50 minutes|
|Homestay - 15 to 45 minutes (by bus or tube)|
|Residences - 15-20 minutes (by bus or tube)|
|Hotels - 15 to 30 minutes by bus|
Under 18s at St Giles
Our London Highgate school currently welcomes students aged 14 or above all year around. Independent, mature juniors can stay with a carefully selected host family and choose from the wide range of courses available at Highgate.
However, the school is primarily designed for those aged 18 and above, and we do not provide 24-hour supervision for those under 18. We therefore ask that parents and guardians of all students under 18 read and understand our Under 18s guidelines before enrolling your child at our school.
NB: From 27th June 2016, students under the age of 18 will be taught in separate classes. However, if a student aged 16-17 would like to take a Cambridge exam course, he/she will be able to join lessons with students aged 18+.
Please visit our Under 18 pages for these guidelines and more details.