Welcome to Florida
The Admiral Farragut Academy
22 June - 3 August 2014
- Live and learn in the Sunshine State
- Safe campus with high levels of personal attention
- Exciting social and activity programme, including optional sailing lessons
The Admiral Farragut Academy is a leading naval school founded originally in 1933. Located in St Petersburg, Florida, the school is set in a stunning 33 acre campus with fantastic on-site recreational facilities. These include a swimming pool, sculptured gardens and lake, baseball and softball pitches, and an arts complex and theatre. The high quality residential accommodation is all based on-campus.
Orlando, with Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, and Adventure Island, is only 75 minutes away. Students can enjoy two full day excursions to these great theme parks every week. There will also be time during the week to relax on some of the world’s best beaches.
Summer Plus - This centre offers our Summer Plus Sailing option, held in the beautiful Boca Ciego Bay. Students can opt to take 9 hours per week of sailing lessons with fully qualified instructors. Designed for beginners, you will learn to sail Topper or Optimist dinghies (1 or 2 persons).
We also offer English for Tourism as a Summer Plus options where students learn to communicate effectively in English at customer liaison level for the hospitality, travel and tourism industry.
|Age range||9 - 17|
|Residence||Twin and Triple Bedrooms, Shared Bathrooms (1:3 or 1:4)|
|Travel Times||Tampa - 30 minutes, Orlando - 75 minutes|
|Class Size||15 per class|
- Two full-day and one half-day excursions per week
- Full day excursions include visits to Walt Disney World, Busch Gardens and Universal Studios
- Full afternoon and evening activity programme is available, including optional sailing lessons, a choice of sports (swimming, baseball, cricket, basketball, football) as well as other activities including Bingo, Discos and Casino nights, karaoke, jewelry making and much more.
- Option to take part in our Summer Plus options - sailing and English for Tourism