7 Reasons to Take a London Secret Cities English Course
Our Secret Cities course at London Highgate combines English studies with unique afternoon experiences for junior students to enjoy during the summer.
The course combines weekly General English lessons in the morning and a catered programme of unique and exciting activities later in the day designed to show you around the city’s main attractions – a completely distinct experience from simply being a tourist.
Wondering if this course is right for you? Keep reading and find out seven reasons you should consider enrolling in our Secret London for U18s course!
7 Reasons to take a Secret London for U18s course:
1. Fantastic way to Learn English
Students will be assigned to classes suited to their current English language levels. The course consists of 20 General English classes taking place between 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.
The lessons will teach and enhance students’ understanding of the English language and boost their confidence to have the ability to communicate daily.
2. Practice English Outside the Classroom
With activities taking place outside, students will have plenty of opportunities to practice the skills learned during the morning lessons with each other or with the locals they come across during their daily city adventures.
Communicating in the real world will help boost their confidence and English-speaking abilities.
3. A Real London Experience
Students are taken on city-wide sightseeing activities for a true London experience. Activities range from but are not limited to:
- Sky Garden – the roof garden of London’s Walkie Talkie building has an unrivalled view of the city’s river and skyline.
- Brick Lane to Broadway Market – explore East London’s market and open spaces.
- River cruise from Westminster to Greenwich – cruise along the Thames from the Houses of Parliament to Greenwich.
- Tower Bridge Experience – Walk above the span of London’s iconic bridge.
- Harry Potter Photographic Exhibition – a collection of photographs and props used in the movies.
4. Activities for Everyone!
Students’ activities also include days for fun physical activities that can be found in and around London. Examples include:
- Trapeze School – heading to Regents Park to fly with a beginner’s lesson at the Gorilla Circus Trapeze school!
- Rowing Boats and Pedalo in Alexander Palace – get in the water for traditional English boats.
- Go Ape! – explore the treetops for some tree-climbing fun.
- Archery – channel your inner Robin Hood for some target-shooting fun
5. Wonderful way to Make New Friends
Make great new friends from all over the world during lessons and whilst you explore! The course is a great way to help boost social skills during the summer whilst participating in memorable activities that lasts a lifetime!
6. A Safe Summer Experience
Teachers will be guiding the students through all activities to ensure their safety. They have helped planned activities and will help students navigate through the city.
7. All-inclusive Course
The price for a course includes three morning and two evening activities plus one full-day weekend excursion with a set lunch. You can also take this course along with a longer course by adding it to the beginning or end, or by upgrading during the middle of your course.
Click here for more information about the Secret London for U18s.
Access the course factsheet.
Example of a course timetable here.