The Trinity Certificate for Practising Teachers (CertPT) is a new qualification which supports the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of in-service English language teachers.
Courses leading to the Trinity CertPT enable experienced teachers to update, improve and enrich their teaching practice and theory. The courses draw upon their existing pedagogical knowledge whilst promoting the acquisition and refinement of the specialist skills needed to develop and use effective teaching resources which are specific to their teaching context: for example teaching in a school or a university, teaching English for business or for academic purposes (EAP) or teaching CLIL (content and language integrated learning).
The Trinity CertPT:
- sits at level 6 on the UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) of the UK Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF): this is equivalent in level to the final year of a university bachelor´s degree or the start of a master´s degree
- is aligned to international standards in ELT
- raises participants’ awareness of current English language teaching resources and related methodology
- helps teaching professionals to explore current global trends in ELT and apply these to their own teaching context
- enables participants to enrich their skills and knowledge of teaching, enhance their professional profile and advance their careers within a competitive market
The Trinity CertPT could the right choice for you if you are:
Applicants should be in-service teachers (professionals from any field who currently teach English language OR who teach other subjects in English) and who:
have an initial teaching qualification and a minimum of six months’ teaching experience or a minimum of two years’ teaching experience
The application process consists of an application form, a short online interview and a written language test.
The St Giles CertPT course runs for 10 weeks part-time (with a one-week break mid point). It is fully online.*
The course is delivered in English. It consists of 30 hours of live (real time) online sessions (each Wednesday) taught by tutors from the St Giles Educational Trust and 70 hours of independent study: this includes specially designed self-access materials which are linked to the live sessions in addition to recommended reading and self-study guides.
Course participants submit four written Tasks for assessment:
1) Task 1: Evaluation of teaching materials
2) Task 2: Adapting teaching resources
3) Task 3: Creating original teaching resources
4) Task 4: Reflection on the use of the materials
Support with the successful completion of the written Tasks will be provided by the course tutors through the live sessions and one-to-one tutorials.
*Please note that fully online and blended online/face-to-face Trinity CertPT courses are available for ‘closed’ groups with a minimum of 10 candidates.
19 May to 30 July
Includes a one-week break from 21 June
15 September to 26 November
Includes a one-week break from 18 October
The live input sessions are on Wednesdays from 14.00 – 17.30 UK time.
£850 (including the £100 Trinity moderation fee).
For further information, to request an application form or to arrange a chat with the Course Director please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Laura Downs on 07502 719416.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment for the Trinity CertPT course
Full payment should be made 30 days before the start of the course. If a candidate cancels their place on a course more than 30 days before the start of the course, full fees will be refunded. Further refunds cannot be made either before, during or after the course, except in the case of course cancellation by the St Giles Educational Trust.