The C1 Advanced course begins with a placement test and orientation, during which students are introduced to the C1 Advanced exam and to their student peers.
The Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced course includes the following lessons:
- Vocabulary lessons such as ‘Character Adjectives’ and ‘Dictionary Skills’
- Speaking lessons which include Oxford University Press (OUP) videos
- Listening lessons such as ‘Authentic Listening’ and ‘Short Extracts’
- Grammar lessons such as ‘Relative Clauses’ and ‘Gerunds/Infinitives’
- Writing lessons such as ‘Formal Letters’ and ‘Writing a Response to a Film'
- Reading lessons such as the ‘Book Intro’ and ‘Multiple Choice’
Progress is measured throughout the C1 Advanced course and there is a review of unit material at the end of each week. Please find a C1 Advanced complete sample timetable here.
The Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced course aims to help students understand upper intermediate and advanced levels of English, demonstrate independent study skills and take internationally recognised exams.
- The St Giles Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced course is for Upper Intermediate to Advanced English speakers.
- It is one of several Cambridge examination preparation courses offered at St Giles.
- Also available as a module as part of one of our International Semester Course (ISC) programmes.