Being Under Age at St Giles International
Our St Giles year-round centres are primarily designed for students aged 18 and older. Whilst we can welcome students aged 16 and above at all centres, and 14+ at St Giles Brighton, Eastbourne, St Giles Cambridge and St Giles London Highgate, it should be noted that we cannot provide 24-hour supervision. Under 18s will also be required to stay in homestay accommodation.
St Giles Brighton, Eastbourne, Cambridge and London Highgate can offer closed-group classes to students under 14 which are custom-made. Further information is available on request.
We ask that parents or guardians of students under 18 read our Notes for Parents and Guardians of students under 18 document before booking their child to study at our centres. This will help you to understand what to expect when your child comes to study with us.
Advice for Under 18s (under 19s in Canada)
Below you can also find a guide for each centre that students under 18 will be given when they come to study with us. It includes important information such as curfew times and emergency numbers:
- St Giles Brighton
- St Giles Cambridge
- St Giles Eastbourne
- St Giles London Highgate
- St Giles London Central
- St Giles Vancouver
Travel for Under 18s Studying in the UK
Students under 18 coming to the UK will need to have a completed Parental Travel Consent Form. This can be downloaded below for your chosen school:
- Brighton (see Parental Permissions section below).
- Cambridge Travel Consent Form Under- 18s
- Cambridge Travel Consent Form Under- 16s
- Eastbourne Travel Consent Form
- London Central Travel Consent Form
- London Highgate (see Parental Permissions section below).
Curfew Forms for Under 18s at Brighton and London Central
The parents/guardians of students under 18 studying at our Brighton and London Central schools in the UK will be asked to complete a curfew form for their child. This will be sent at the time of booking, and a sample version is available to download here: Sample Curfew Form.
Parental Permissions and Medical Consent Forms for Under 18s at Eastbourne, Cambridge and London Highgate
Students under 18 studying at St Giles Brighton, Eastbourne, Cambridge and London Highgate will be asked to have their parents/guardians complete one of the following Permissions and Medical Consent Form at the time of booking:
- Brighton Permissions, Travel & Medical Consent Form (14 & 15 year olds)
- London Highgate Permissions, Travel & Medical Consent Form (14 & 15 year olds)
- London Highgate Permissions, Travel & Medical Consent Form ( 16 & 17 year olds)
Each St Giles centre in the UK has a Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy in place for the safeguarding of students under 18 studying with us.
The policy documents for each of the year-round adult schools in the UK can be downloaded here:
- Brighton Safeguarding Policy
- Eastbourne Safeguarding Policy
- London Central Safeguarding Policy
- London Highgate Safeguarding Policy
- Cambridge Safeguarding Policy