More Than Language Learning
When you arrive at any St Giles school, you will receive:
- Welcome, induction and orientation on your first day
- Placement test and individual assessment of your language level and needs
- An introduction to your fellow students and our school support team
- Detailed information on your school, areas of local interest, and facilities available
- Regular counselling sessions with your teacher, allowing you to influence the content of your programme
- Free access to internet and email facilities, allowing you to keep in touch with friends and family
- Induction to our modern Self-Access and multimedia resources to help you continue your learning in your free time
- Dedicated Student Support and Welfare Services and 24 hour emergency support line
- An exciting and varied social programme, encouraging you to make friends and explore
Support and Welfare
Our staff are here to help and support you from the moment you arrive in our schools, to the day you return home. We have welfare officers in every centre to ensure your safety and well-being, while our Academic Counsellors will help you with your studies and can advise you on your future career or educational life. We also have dedicated Child Protection Officers who are responsible for students under the age of 18. You will also receive a 24-hour telephone number for use outside school hours.
We understand how important your accommodation is and this is why we offer you a wide choice at each centre. You can find an overview of the accommodation types we offer online here or you can find details of the options available at each centre on the location page for that school (UK & Canada).
To make your journey as comfortable as possible, we can arrange for a taxi service to greet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation. You can also book one for your journey home. We have also prepared travel guides to help you travel by public transport, available online by clicking here
Having the right medical, travel and course insurance is a really important part of international study and we ask that all students arrange this before they come to study with us.
We provide an optional insurance policy for all students in the UK and Canada. Students studying at our year-round centres or on our Family courses can book the insurance when they book their course with us. The policy is also included in the package for all students coming to our Junior Summer Centres.
Our social and excursion programmes are designed to help you have fun, make friends, practise your English, and explore the city and country you are living in. At each year-round school there is an Activity Organiser who will arrange afternoon, evening and weekend activities.
You can choose from local weekday activities and sports, a range of full-day weekend excursions, as well as mini-breaks over the weekend. There will be at least five events each week. You can view a sample of the social programmes at our adult centres online here.
Under 18s at St Giles International
Our St Giles year-round centres are primarily designed for students aged 18 and older. Please visit our Under 18s page for information about studying at the centres if you are younger than 18.