St Giles Vancouver Achieves EQA Status
What is EQA?
EQA stands for Education Quality Assurance.
The province of British Columbia in Canada has introduced new, rigorous requirements to ensure all post-secondary and language schools hosting international students meet its highest standard of education quality.
From June 2014, only language schools with British Columbia’s EQA designation can accept international students for longer than six months.
Achieving EQA Status means that St Giles Vancouver has met established quality assurance standards and received the stamp of approval from the government in respect to education providers.
What is the advantage of EQA for students and agents?
- International students and agents can easily see which BC institutions have met government recognised quality assurance standards by downloading the full list of approved institutions
- Education Quality Assurance is a symbol of education quality which can be recognised globally and offers students tuition protection
- Students, parents, counsellors and agents can make sure they choose a high quality language school for long-term overseas studies
What does St Giles Vancouver offer to long-term students?
St Giles Vancouver is an English language school, centrally located in a popular area of Vancouver’s business district within easy walking distance of the main shopping and entertainment areas, and minutes from the spectacular harbour. The recently refurbished centre occupies one floor of a modern office building and has a professional and spacious feel.
St Giles Vancouver offers two long-term programmes:
- International Semester Course (ISC) – This course is designed for students who wish to spend 6+ months abroad studying English and experiencing Canadian life. Students can study English for 24+ weeks (20 or 28 lessons per week) and can choose to take optional exam and special purpose modules. Students wishing to take an ISC course benefit from discounted long-term course and homestay rates and flexibility with weekly start dates.
- University Pathway Programme (UPP) – This course is designed for students looking to prepare for their future studies at a Canadian University. Students on this course develop not only their English skills but also their academic skills. The 16-week pathway course has multiple start dates throughout the year and covers academic skills, examination preparation and a community volunteer project, all carefully designed for successful integration into Canadian University life.
How can I find out more?
- You can find out more about EQA designation on the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance website
- For course enquiries, you can contact St Giles Vancouver directly at email@example.com.